Your cart is empty now.
Get the best results from your shapers by extending their life.
Once you have some quality shapewear garments rotating through your wardrobe, you’ll wonder how you ever dressed without them. But if you don’t take proper care of them, you may be disappointed to find they start losing their shape and effectiveness.
To get the longest, most effective use out of your shapewear, give them special treatment in the way you wear them and the way you wash them. Just follow these simple tips:
- The best solution to keep your shapewear functioning day after day is to rotate several pieces through your wardrobe! Not only will you always look great, but you’ll feel fresh and clean when you’re regularly washing all of your shapers.
- Your shapewear also needs regular gentle washing to help the materials contract. Avoid wearing the same shaper more than twice before washing for best results.
- Be especially mindful of caring for latex, which can be damaged easily. Always hand-wash in a bucket of warm water, using a mild shampoo or baby shampoo. Rinse well and hang dry. Once it is completely dry, store it in a dark area.
- You can wash non-latex garments in the washing machine using the gentle or handwash cycle in cold water, with a full load. If you are not sure if the product contains latex, review the hangtag for a materials break down. Excessive agitation or hot water can damage the construction of the material. Cold water effectively shrinks the material back into its proper place. Put all of your shapers in a netted lingerie bag with hooks clasped to avoid catching them on anything. If your machine doesn’t have a gentle cycle, wash your garments by hand in a gallon of cold water.
- It’s also important to use the right type of detergent. Specially formulated lingerie detergent works best – any detergents that contain dyes, fragrances, alcohol, softeners or bleach can irreparably damage your shapers by breaking down their construction. Even Woolite can do harm, so stick to lingerie detergent only! Remember to use mild shampoo or baby shampoo for all garments containing latex.
- Finally, always air-dry your shapers flat or hanging.
Make them last!
With the right wear and care, your shapers will give you the comfort and performance you want through many uses. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or contact us with any more questions about proper care for your shapewear.